Thursday, March 15, 2007

Crocheting For Charity

I'm an avid crafter----but crocheting is a passion for me. I'm always scouring the net for new patterns. And with the wide assortments of yarns available today--I'm able to turn out some ppretty wonderful things.
Most crocheters and knitters alike have a sense of giving back in common. Many of the things they make are donated. There are lots of worthy causes out there that can use the things we make.
I just finished sending off 100 caps and scarves to a psychiatric facility in Washington state. Now I'm working on some things for the local humane society. I've also made things for the residents of a local nursing home. They enjoyed the visit as well as the lapghan. The same goes with the little furbies at the humane society.
You don't have to be an experienced crocheter or knitter to get in on the act. Most craft stores carry the new knitting type looms---they are very simple to learn to use. Besides being theraputic for you---you get that warm fuzzy feeling when you are helping out someone less fortunate.
Also alot of the big chain craft stores like Hobby Lobby or Michael's give classes on howw to knit or chrochet. Why don't you give it a try.

1 comments:

Bundlebabe said...

So great that you crochet for charity! Hope you will check out mine and consider donating!

Thanks!