Thursday, March 29, 2007

Egg Recipe

Oh the incredible edible egg, a meal in itself for us who have had WLS. Having a stomach roughly the size of said egg, makes eating them common sense to me. One glorious egg is enough to fill me up at one time. So needless to say I have many recipes for them. Not only is it the perfect food for me, but it can be prepared in countless numbers of ways. Deviled eggs of all types are a staple in my fridge. This happens to be one of my very favorite ways to have them.

Spinach Stuffed Eggs

1 dz eggs, hard boiled
1/2 c chopped frozen spinach, thawed, drained well
1/4 c walnuts, finely chopped
1/4 c sour cream
1 T balsamic vinegar
1 T Splenda
2 dashes nutmeg

Slice eggs in half, lengthwise. Remove yolks and place whites on a serving platter. Mix yolks and remaining ingredients. Fill the whites with the yolk mixture and place in fridge. Enjoy.

Now with deviled eggs 2 halves are all I can handle at one time. But keeping them prepared ahead of time keeps me from making poor food choices when I just "want" something. Like with my previous post on Emotional Eating. Eggs are a go to food when those times hit.

Hope y'all enjoy them. I'll be posting lots of recipes---I'm a recipe collector from way back. I may entertain you with some old family favs---not always low carb or WLS friendly but some have great memories attached to them. Then some will just gross you out----I did tell you I was from Alabama. So you've been warned....LOL...

2 comments:

Cindy said...

I love eggs!! Personally I think eggs, along with most nuts and seeds are the closest to "perfect" foods.

I'm going to try your recipe!

BamaGal said...

I'll be adding some more great egg recipes. As for the nuts and seeds--I eat walnuts by the bag full.