Wednesday, March 28, 2007

When Jimmy Talks I Listen....

Okay---anyone who knows me can tell you I'm a big, big fan of Jimmy Moore---I mean what's not to love---right? Anyhoo---I'm catching back up on my blog reading and such when Jimmy asked for the help of all the bloggers out there to link to this wonderful article--

DEAN ORNISH: SCIENCE BE DAMNED, SELF-INTEREST BE SERVED

I would post even if Jimmy hadn't asked us too----more people need to see it. As a firm believer in the healing power of following a low carb eating plan ----as evidenced in my own life----I will continue to tell everyone I know.

See I'm a nurse too. So I deal with this all the time when working with patients. Working in the psych field like I do----no surprise there huh----I see my fellow consumers struggle daily with weight gain brought about by the meds they take. Also alot of the newer atypical antipsychotics cause a drug induced diabetes. Scary. Not only do they have to deal with a mental illness but the meds they take for it, actually GIVE them diabetes. Plus all the research I have found points to how much better the brain functions on a low carb eating plan.

But I have been asked by the MDs to keep my dieting advice to myself. That I am endangering the lives of my patients with that low carb nonsense---as they typically put it. It will probably continue to cause trouble but I refuse to sit back and let my patients suffer for no reason.

So all you low-fat gurus out there----read a report will ya....

0 comments: