Monday, April 16, 2007

My Fatblogging

Well a couple of weeks ago some of the Neighbors over at LAWLS Neighborhood Forum and I started on the Atkins Induction. I wrote about it in this post. It has been 2 weeks for me and today is my weigh in. I started out at this thing weighing 165. At the end of the first week I was down 3lbs. That was the Monday after my families Easter Dinner. Which by the way was an eating nightmare for me. I had made good ol' southern cornbread dressing and homemade yeast rolls. I ate some---my own cooking is a big downfall for me.

The first part of this past week I had a mega cold. Went to my PCP got some meds and a round of steroids. Man, do they make you eat or what. My tummy was real particular for a few days so I did a day of nothing but liquids. My eating the rest of this week has been good ol' protein with some veggies thrown in for the fiber. I was pretty proud of how I rebounded after Easter. BUT---knew there had to be a but somewhere---I went a little wild at my sister's yesterday. She had some people over and she makes this trifle---granted it is a sugar free sort of thing. But no where really low carb. I took a small bowl home intending on eating on it for a few days. I kept picking at it last night until it was all gone.

Hopped on the scale today---man I hate those things. Even with all the bad food choices I'm down another 3 lbs. I'm finally under that 160 mark that has been haunting me for months. So I'm gonna keep with the program for the rest of the month. I've got to purge this evil demon, known as the "carb monster". I'll keep all y'all posted with my progress.

Man, I hate that scale....

3 comments:

Judy W. said...

Diane, don't hate the scale! It's your friend. Friends are honest with you when the rest of the world tells you what you WANT to hear. You can trust your friendly scale to tell you the truth! You may not like what it tells you, but it will tell you when you need to make adjustments. Try to think of your regular consultations with the scale as opportunities to tune in and refine your journey! Show that scale some love! :-)

Maia Jose said...

I don't really weigh myself but rely on how my clothes fit. I was always at my best and felt my best when I was on low-carb. I do have to be more conscious of my food these days. Thankfully it's a hot summer in the Philippines which makes me shy away naturally from heavy carbs. Juicy vegies and light fruits become ever more attractive. I hope I make up for my previous bad choices these next few weeks. I'll be dropping by for inspiration :-)

Lady Rose said...

Keep fighting those carb demons! :) We know you can do it. Lady Rose