Monday, April 2, 2007

Spicy Shrimp Salad

Shrimp is another food I eat frequently. This is one of my easily prepared go to foods. I keep it made up in the fridge at all times.

Spicy Shrimp Salad

3 large hard-cooked eggs
1 pound salad shrimp (canned or frozen)
2 Tablespoons mayonnaise
2 Tablespoons dill relish
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
salt to taste.

Directions:
Thaw shrimp if frozen. In bowl of food processor pulse eggs and shrimp until coarsely chopped. Add remaining ingredients. Quickly pulse until well mixed. Do not overprocess. Chill.


I serve this wrapped up in a piece of provolone cheese or even in a lettuce leaf. I you prefer to use crackers---DON'T. Why mess up a good low carb dish by adding useless carbs to it??? Enjoy!!

2 comments:

Cindy said...

"I you prefer to use crackers---DON'T."

LOL!!! OK! I won't!

Actually, I've not yet found a low carb cracker that is both low carb and tasty, so I haven't had crackers in.....a long time!!

This sounds good!

BamaGal said...

Cindy---I haven't found one either that is any good---but I did find a recipe for flax crackers on the net---I make them every so often--I'll dig out the recipe and share it...