Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Peanut Butter Icebox Pie

With Mother's Day looming on the horizon, thought I would share one of my families favorite summer time pies. It has been revamped to be lower in carbs, but not totally. But it is SF. For a low carb version skip the crust and just dish it up in individual dessert dishes. That's what I do just for myself. Or you can get industrious and make a nut crust. this is what I make for the family get together.

Peanut Butter Icebox Pie

1 8oz pkg cream cheese, softened
1 c SF Peanut Butter---I use Peter Pan Brand, chunky
1 c bulk Splenda
1 8 oz SF Cool Whip
1 SF prepared graham cracker crust

Beat cream cheese, peanut butter and Splenda on high until creamy and smooth. Gently fold in Cool Whip until fully incorporated. Spoon into crust. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving.

That's it, simple, quick and easy. For my own personal use I generally just whip up some heavy cream instead of using the Cool Whip. If you can't find the SF crust you can always make it using some of the Murry brand SF vanilla wafers, melted butter and a little Splenda. I've also been know to use some of the almond butter I order online when I make it just for me. Let me warn you ahead of time. This is a very rich tasting dessert. So a small portion is the way to go.

0 comments: