Tuesday, May 8, 2007

SF Banana Pudding

Before I had my WLS, I had a long history of uncontrolled diabetes dating back to my 20's. Not knowing then what I know now about how to control it. Yeah I was a big carb eater back then. Alot of good it did me. Anyhoo----I took lots of my old time fav desserts and revamped them to make them SF. This is just one of them. I personally never partake of this anymore. But the family loves it.

SF Banana Pudding

2 small boxes SF banana cream pudding mix
3 cups cold milk
1 box SF Murray brand vanilla wafers
4-5 very ripe bananas, sliced
1 16 oz tub SF Cool Whip

Mix pudding mix and milk together until thicken.( You can put it in the fridge until thickened.) Stir in the vanilla wafers and bananas. Gently fold in 1/2 of the Cool Whip. Spoon into a bowl or Pyrex dish. Top with remaining Cool Whip. Place in fridge for at least 4 hours. Enjoy.

Like I said this is NOT something I eat myself. But the family loves it. Anything, to get them to cut down on their sugar consumption. Also it is another super quick and easy things you can prepare to take to family get togethers.

I have a vast recipe collection as I've stated before. I'm working on getting some together for Memorial Day---BBQ galore---so stay tuned.....

5 comments:

Cindy Moore said...

Have you checked out Land O'Lakes SR heavy whipped cream in a can?

It's very good, not terribly sweet (like regular whipped cream) and contains far less artificial ingredients than cool whip.

BamaGal said...

Cindy thanks for the suggestion---I've never used that before---

Speedcat Hollydale said...

I never thought that weight would be an issue with me....but of course, age and bad habits do their thing on a body. I quit drinking, and lowered my caloric intake. Now at 40, I have never felt better.
I like your spunk and candor. Best wishes! -your recipes sound Gooood :-)
Speedcat Hollydale USA/MN

Cherry said...

What do you suggest for the wafers replacement ?

For the milk will the taste differs significantly if I use skimmed milk ?

BamaGal said...

Cherry---you can use the skim milk if you would like----I don't know what else to sub for the SF vanilla wafers---honestly I don't really look at too many of the sugar free products---I don't eat them---Since I follow a low carb plan---I stay away from the artificial foods myself--but with my family--I'll do anything to help them eat less carbs---so I make this---it beats the ton of carbs in the original recipe---also I don't use regular milk myself---I use the Hood Calorie Countdown brand---