Friday, June 8, 2007

Fat the REAL Brain Food....

I'm a big fan of a higher fat diet. This has to do with alot of the research about the Ketogenic diet. This is just some prelim info for you to stew over.

For my bipolar friends---take heed. A ketogenic diet is suppose to be good for our disorder. I'm working on a detailed post, but wanted to give a little food for thought while I'm gone.

Metabolism and ketosis
Ketogenic Diet
Ketogenic diet and brain energy

It doesn't take a big stretch of the imagination to see that if this diet can work for epilepsy---why not bipolar disorder. Since many of the meds given for bipolar disorder are actually for seizures. I'd rather eat a high fat diet than take a pill any day of the week. AND LOSE WEIGHT TOO!! Now discuss it amongst yourselves until I get back......

0 comments: