Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Please Help......




I just received some distressing news this evening. It seems a very close online friend of mine has just been diagnosed with breast cancer. I won't go into everything, but please call on whatever higher power you believe in. She needs lots of positive energy right now.

Also I want to remind you of my past post about breast cancer awareness, Help Find A Cure Please go back to it. There is a link in the post to help sponsor a friend in a grueling 3 day walk to help fight this disease..

This year, more than 200,000 women and men will be diagnosed with breast cancer and more than 40,000 will lose their lives to the disease. A woman is diagnosed with breast cancer every 3 minutes. Every 13 minutes, the disease claims another life.
As I also stated in this earlier post, my son lost his FATHER to breast cancer. Yes men do get it. So this is a personal war for me.

4 comments:

DietKing2 said...

I'm so sorry to hear this distressing news in your life. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your friend. I tell all the women in my life to please, please take their vitamin D every single day, perhaps twice a day.
Adam

BamaGal said...

Thank you Adam---but don't forget about yourself---men get it too and it is more deadly than the form that hits women.

Kaetie said...

Have you seen this page.
http://www.newstarget.com/
It's full of great info on all sorts of matters, including breast cancer. I personally think lumps and bumps are part of life. They come, they go. Perhaps sometimes if they are seen by knife-weilding medics, they become something to be dealt with surgically and don't manage to go naturally, like they were going to anyway. Just a personal view. Same with cervical lumps and bumps. I quit going for screening when I read some of the latest research. Lots of love, Kaetie
http://kaetiekalfou.eponym.com

Cindy said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend! I hope she does well....they have been having great success in treating breast cancer! I hope your friend's was found early.