Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Diabetes----Obesity Link

Most if not all of today's society believe Type 2 Diabetes is caused by obesity. I've come across a few items to question this.

You Did NOT Eat Your Way to Diabetes!

Diabetes Update: Type 1s Hating Type 2s

My own sister was diagnosed with Type 2. She is one super big carb junkie. My mom is also diabetic---only this side of being insulin dependent. I talk with each of them about lowering their carb intake. Imagine my shock when both of them actually said:

I'd rather take a pill.


Rather than give up their cereal, pasta, rice , bread, potatoes, etc, they would rather be stuck taking pills or jabbing themselves with needles for the rest of their life.

And their are some that poo poo the idea that carbs are addictive....sheeesh.

0 comments: