Sunday, July 22, 2007

Kimkins Continuing Saga

I have been contemplating this issue for awhile now---reading both sides of the argument. I do have my own views on this because of the tendency to bring gastric bypass surgery into all arguments defending the very low calorie approach of the Kimkins diet. I intend to address that in another post. Also there is the fact that red flags are popping continuously for me about possible eating disorder behaviors being advocated. As someone who suffered from bulimia for over 30 years, I recognize the signs.

This whole thing has caused a clear division in the low carb community. That is the sad part about the whole fiasco. People come online looking for info about this way of eating. Also they are looking for support. I could go on and on---but hey---I ain't no writer. I'm just someone who follows this way of life---and working in the health field myself---I sorta get ticked off when I see bad, unhealthy advice being given. If you are gonna put the info out there in cyber world---you need to be held accountable for it.

Anyhoo---PJ of The Divine Low Carb---had an awesome post that really says it all.

The Divine Low Carb! by PJThe Divine Low Carb: 10 Tenets of Online LowCarbing

PJ you did an outstanding job with this----taking the time and not going for personal attacks was the kicker for me. Hats off to you my lady. She also has several other blogs. This post should be read by everyone in the blog world.

Low-Carb Freedom (of Speech!) : References, Deletions, Edits & Bans from Low-Carb Areas: Blogger Ethics

Also my WLS friends---take heed---plenty of this can apply to online WLS sites too.

1 comments:

OhYeahBabe said...

Great post, thanks! Say no to Kimkins!!

Stop the fraud! If you were a member of Kimkins, join the Kimkins diet lawsuit! Here is how to join the Kimkins lawsuit. It's easy!