Tuesday, August 14, 2007

I've Been Tagged!!!

I see these things happening on other blogs all the time. I have so wanted to get involved. It takes me back to childhood---waiting to be chosen to be on someone's team on the playground. I'm so happy to FINALLY get picked.....

CindySue---a fellow RN and LC blogger from Cindy's Low Carb Life tagged me to list 8 random facts about myself.

First, the Rules:
1) Post these rules before you give your facts
2) List 8 random facts about yourself
3) At the end of your post, choose (tag) 8 people and list their names, linking to them
4) Leave a comment on their blog, letting them know they’ve been tagged

Here are my 8 facts:
1. I'm mother to a 1 son, 24 who lives way off in Connecticut.
2. I have 1 sister and 2 brothers.
3. I come from a very large extended family, my dad is one of nine children. There were seven generations of us until last summer when my grandmother passed away at 107 yrs old.
4. I love to sing. Have been doing it all my life. My first solo was at the tender age of two. Even performed with a country band for awhile, locally.
5. I used to be able to play a wide assortment of musical instruments--but baritone and saxophone were my specialty. Haven't picked up any in 20 yrs.
6. I'm an RN and have worked in all specialties, except pediatrics and labor and delivery. Even worked for a time as a traveling nurse all over the south east. I now work in the mental health field and making plans to return to school to further my degree. Hey, you're never too old to learn.
7. I learned to water ski at the age of 6 and spent many a summer day on the river with family. Haven't done that in years either.
8. I used to suffer from agoraphobia and did not leave my house for over 3 years.


Now let me see---who do I want to tag??? This tag has been going around the LC community--so I think I will branch out to my WLS and Bipolar friends.

LivingAfterWLS Blog
Blog home of my lovely long time friend Kaye Bailey

Living With A Purple Dog
A fasinating blog by a very powerful voice in the online mental health community

The Low Carb Band-it
This is a great blog that deals with following a LC eating plan and having had the lap band WLS. Great recipes too.

Melting Mama
A great blog by a fellow WLSer, funny as hell too.

The Weigh We Were
A super site that supports people making the change to a healthier lifestyle.

Mental Health Notes
A very open and frank account of the mental health community.

Bipolar Wellness Writer
A fabulous writer who sheds a very positive light on Bipolar Disorder and recovery. She's a published author too.

Bipolar Works
A great place to gather strength to return to the work force while dealing with the problems of a mental illness.

I look forward to see what each of you have to say about yourselves.

8 comments:

Melting Mama said...

Aw shit. I already did this one. I'mma do it again. LOL.

Melting Mama said...

http://meltingmama.typepad.com/wls/2007/08/eight-obscuriti.html

Susan Bernard said...

Bamagal,
Thanks so much for asking me. Since my post on my blog today was about anger, at the risk of raising your ire, I have to beg off. It's just not me! I do apologize...and here I said I rarely if ever apologize these days. So much for making blanket statements.

Bipolar Wellness Writer

Kaye Bailey said...

Bama - I think it's high time you get your sexy self back on some water skis and ride the wave! Seriously, gal, GET WET!

Thanks for tagging me - first time ever for me. I will get after it, I promise.

xoxox

alicia said...

Thanks Bama! Here's mine:

http://www.mentalhealthnotes.com/?p=241

Oh, and my sister is getting ready to graduate as an RN, and she feels the same way about pediatrics, birth, etc. She's seriously considered going into the mental health/psych nurse field.

Jon said...

Thanks BamaGal. Yours is interesting.

Mine can be found here: http://livingbipolar.blogspot.com/2007/08/8-random-facts.html

bipolarworks said...

Thanks for the mention. I have reciprocated on my website ......

bipolarworks said...

Thanks for the mention BamaGal. I have duly published 8 things about me on my weblog (if you really want to know .....)