Sheesh--where to begin.....
The controversy as taken a decidedly strange turn. Seems that many of Kimkins success stories are fake. The pics were found on Russian bride sites. Also it was reported yesterday that Kimmer has SOLD the site.
Check out all these links for further updates:
Here are some more good links:
- Fake Success Story Pictures
- Kimkins Manipulation: One Diet Fits All Dietary Patterns
- Mission Possible: Convince People Being Fat is Worse than the Kimkins Diet
- Kimkins Sells Potentially Deadly Very Low Calorie Diet
- Kimkins Very Low Calorie Diet Courts Health Risks, Death (must read for anyone who has actually followed the diet plans as written)
Kimmer has preyed on the insecurity of people because of their desire to lose weight. All of this coming from a woman who is still morbidly obese herself. Losing weight is a good thing, but find a better way. You don't have to starve your body of vital nutrients to do it. Fast is not the way to go. Find a plan that you can stick with for the rest of your life. Make changes in your eating habits. Be sensible about your body's nutritional requirements to remain healthy. If you decide WLS is the answer like I did, even be sensible about that way of life. No sense in endangering your health just be to thin.
I'll stick with my high fat, moderate protein, carb restricted way of eating. It is the way our bodies are made to function on the most basic level. Rant over, on to other things.....