Wednesday, February 20, 2008

OOPSIE Onion Tarts

I gave up bread eons ago. Tried there for awhile to make do with lettuce wraps or low carb tortillas when I got a hankering for a sandwich. They were never quite the same so just gave it up completely.That is until I discovered the fab-tab-bu-lous Oopsie Rolls.

Check out that link to see how great they are. While you are there, look into some of the other recipes to be found utilizing the Oopsie Rolls. Like today's recipe for H2O Goddess' Pizza.

For the Super Bowl party my family had. I made Rachel Ray's French Onion Tartlets. I used the Oopsie Roll for the crust instead of the bread. It turned out perfect.


OOPSIE Onion Tarts

Olive oil cooking spray
6 Oopsie Rolls, cut in half
2 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
2 large onions, very thinly sliced
1 bay leaf, fresh or dried
2 teaspoons ground thyme or poultry seasoning
Salt and black pepper
1 pound Swiss cheese, shredded


Heat oven to 350 degrees F.

Spray both sides of Oopsie Roll and press into small 12 cup muffin tin, cut side up. If you do not own a muffin tin, disposable tins are available on the baking aisle of market. Place in oven and toast until golden, 7 or 8 minutes. Remove and reserve.

In a skillet, melt butter into oil. Add onions and bay leaf, season with thyme, salt and pepper. Cook onions until caramel colored, 15 to 18 minutes.

Turn broiler on.

Place spoonfuls of cooked onions in toasted bread cups. Discard bay leaf. Cover onions with cheese and set tarts under hot broiler to bubble and brown cheese. Serve hot.

I ended up making a double batch of these for the party and they were a big hit.

Try out all the recipes Cleo is finding for the Oopsie Rolls.

3 comments:

cleochatra said...

Oh YUM, girl!!! That is making my mouth WATER!

I love you.

Adopt me and feed me good things.



Love,
your new daughter

BamaGal said...

Cleo--your oopsie rolls are the hit with my family---looking forward to many more uses for them....

Who luvs ya baby!!!

Amyb159 said...

This sounds yummy.
I had stopper by to tell you I hope you feel better.
Have a great weekend.
Amy B