Wednesday, February 6, 2008

WLS Life Sucks

I'm in a pretty bad place mind wise about living this life after WLS.

By the bariatric surgeon's standards, I am a huge success. I lost over 200 pounds and have been able to maintain that weight loss. Is that number on the scale all there is to judge your success?

I eat on average 2000 cals a day. Take multiple supplements each and everyday like clockwork. Yet my most recent lab work has me classified as suffering from extreme malnutrition. My body is living off itself, instead of the food I am eating.

Can you imagine what my fellow WLSers who are living on LESS calories are doing to themselves???


Hey you!! Still anemic after months of different regimens?? Hello!!!!! Ya think you might just be starving yourself on that 900-1100 calories you are eating each day??? Afraid to raise your calories because you might gain a few pounds?? OK, well just starve to death then....

Let me repeat this for all my WLS friends......
If you are taking in less than 50% of your daily caloric needs----you are living off of your own body.

I just don't get it any more.

4 comments:

OhYeahBabe said...

That's not good at all! What are you supposed to do next?
OYB
My blog: Kimorexia

Sparky's Girl said...

Hi Bamagal. I'm so sorry that the WLS hasn't turned out as you'd planned. I read you blog every chance I get. I don't comment because I don't feel I have much to say that anyone would benefit from. But I do want to send you a cyber hug. (((HUGS)))

cleochatra said...

OMG, girl. I didn't realize it was that bad. I know you hadn't been feeling terribly well lately, but I checked in hoping you are feeling better.

It makes me upset that you are going through this.

Is there anything at all doctors can do? Is this a common problem?

2BIG said...

how you feeling today?