Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Good News

Nice to have some good news for a change. My follow-up EGD done last Friday was GREAT!! Following the soft bland diet and the new meds made a world of difference. My stoma ulcer is completely healed as well as the fistula. This means no revision surgery. Yippee damn skippy!!!

You just don't realize how happy that made me.

Another plus is now I can eat some decent food.

By decent food I mean something with some flavor. Granted some of the savory cheesecakes I've been eating have flavor. One of my fav's was the Wild Mushroom and Crab one from here---which I tweaked to be low carb.

I just missed using tomatoes and spicy things. I made up for it today, believe you me. I made Cleo's cauliflower lasagna noodles. My version wasn't the roll-ups though. I just made the noodles yesterday and let them dry out until this evening and put together my own layered lasagna with my homemade sauce. The sauce coked last night and the better part of today. Let me tell you---it was out of this world. It's been years since I have eaten lasagna. I shared with my parents and sis and her hubby. They are already asking when I'm going to make my seafood lasagna. I suppose that will end up being Sunday dinner this weekend.

Here are some more of Cleo's fabtabulous recipes to try:

The Lighter Side of Low-Carb: Cauliflower as Lasagna?
The Lighter Side of Low-Carb: I Can't Believe it's Cauliflower Pizza Crust!
The Lighter Side of Low-Carb: cutie's Oopsie French Toast
The Lighter Side of Low-Carb: Lamb Gyro and Tzatziki
The Lighter Side of Low-Carb: The Sailor Scouts make my Revol-oopsie rolls!


Check out the sidebar of Cleo's blog for more great recipes.


I want to thank everyone for the heart warming comments you left when I took some time out. I won't be back blogging full time for awhile but will post some important stuff on occasion. Once I get some more iron infusions in me, I'm sure to be back up to snuff. I'm a tough old bird. Can't keep me down for too long.....

4 comments:

OhYeahBabe said...

That is truly super news! I'm so glad you won't require more surgery. Take care,
OYB
My blog: Kimorexia
Check out Kimkins on Insider Exclusive!

Jen said...

Congratulations on your good news...that's wonderful!

And thank you for the Wild Mushroom and Crab cheesecake recipe...that looks AMAZING! I'm hoping that it will be the right consistency so that my husband can eat it :-)

Jenny said...

I'm so glad to hear you are doing better. I'd been worrying about you.

BTW, I don't know if you read about the tragic death of Elliott Yamin's mother, but she turns out to have been a casualty of WLS. I was really saddened that the press did not mention this, though it was cited in an obituary that was quoted on http://etrainstation.com, Elliot's fan site.

She ended up with something like 22 surgeries, broken bones, and died emaciated. She'd been 300 lbs when she had the surgery four or five years ago.

Reading your blog really opened my eyes up to the truth about WLS. Thanks!

cleochatra said...

Well it's about ding-danged time there's been some good news.

Thank you for keeping us updated! I am a worrier and when you left to take a break, I experienced all sorts of trepidations.

Woohoo on your ability to eat some real chow, and thank you so much for the lasagna feedback, and the shout out!