Tuesday, September 2, 2008

All about me....

It's been awhile since i gave an update on what's been going on with me. Still dealing with the fibromyalgia pain, as well as osteoarthritis. Some days I feel a 100 years old. I had a lump removed from my breast---it was benign thank goodness. Saw my hematologist this past month---good news on that front---my iron levels are finally up as well as my blood counts. I go back to see her in November.

My weight has finally leveled off at 175. The eating disorder part of my brain is playing havoc with me right now. I have to make myself continue with my shakes and eating. I don't own a scale so I can't obsess about the numbers. I just need to remind myself my health is more important than being thin. As my docs say---they would rather see me fat and healthy than thin and dying. Having dealt for over 30 years with an ED makes it difficult to stay on track. I'm hiding in super big clothes once again. I am working on this with my therapist. I don't think I will ever be in "recovery". It will always be a day to day thing for me.

I'm seeing a dentist and am in the process of having all my crumbling teeth removed. Only seven more to go and I'll be a toothless old hag. The dentist wants me to "heal" for 6 months before being fitted for dentures. Fun right. It makes eating a real challenge. Luckily I am well prepared with some great recipes for things to eat that don't require alot of chewing. Last thing I need is to have something "get stuck" in my pouch from not chewing enough.

I see my PCP on Thursday for my full scale lab work. I'll be able to see if things look better. Keep your finger crossed. I haven't broken any bones recently so that's a good thing. My doc is monitoring the osteoporosis. He is convinced I'll be needing hip replacement and knee replacement in the not too distant future. I'll just worry about that when the time comes. Right now I'm okay.

My Bipolar Disorder is doing much better since my pdoc put me on Risperdal injections. This way I don't have to worry about the malabsorption of my meds. The real test will be this fall. Fall is always a difficult time for me. I end up slipping into a deep depression. Hopefully this year will not be as bad. I've already pulled out my light box, plus I take mega doses of Vitamin D now. Only time will tell.

Well that's about it.

So how are y'all doing????

2 comments:

Amy Dungan (aka Sparky's Girl) said...

Wow Lady, you've had a lot going on! Sending you wishes and prayers for feeling better.

Anonymous said...

Hello, and thanks for sharing your story. I'm looking at turning my LC diet up a notch into a more strictly ketogenic one to see if this can help control my SAD/possible bipolar condition. I also have a history of EDs. I'll be going through your older posts with great interest.